- How to watch:
- Listen on BBC Radio Scotland; text commentary on the BBC Sport internet web page
St Johnstone might be without on-loan winger Michael O’Halloran, who’s now not ready to play in opposition to his mother or father club.
O’Halloran has moreover had an ankle injury, while Richard Foster begins a two-tournament suspension, on the other hand Blair Alston would possibly simply return after two months out.
Kenny Miller would possibly simply return for Rangers after talks with boss Pedro Caixinha.
Defenders Bruno Alves and Danny Wilson are fit, Niko Kranjcar is also once more, on the other hand Jordan Rossiter and Lee Wallace keep out and Ryan Jack is suspended.
- St Johnstone have beaten Rangers merely 3 times inside the Scottish Premiership from 28 makes an strive (D5 L20). Their closing victory were given right here at McDiarmid Park in March 2010 (4-1).
- Each of St Johnstone’s three league victories in opposition to Rangers have come transparent of area at Ibrox.
- St Johnstone have received five of their closing seven at McDiarmid Park (D1 L1).
- After losing three in succession, Rangers these days are unbeaten in their closing nine away video video games (W6 D3), without reference to protective most straightforward two clean sheets.
- Rangers’ Graham Dorrans has scored or assisted four of Rangers’ closing five league goals.
St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson: “We had been well fast in opposition to Aberdeen, we knew that correct after the game.
“We didn’t do well enough in a lot of areas. It’s been a longer couple of weeks after a defeat and the sector break.
“We’ve got an opportunity to position it correct on Friday, to transport and get a positive end result.
“What higher method is there to bop again than getting a outcome towards Rangers? We know we are succesful. If we be told the teachings from Pittodrie, we’re going to be OK.”
Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha: “We want to get once more to the basics of shielding. That’s what now we have now been excited by. The boys did great the previous week once we trained much more intensively.
“This week now we have now focused on the concepts of what we would love and expect from the game. What we expect is: don’t let the opponent play their own sport, and we want to play our sport.
“After the ones couple of weeks, I believe we’re much more solid as a workforce if we offer protection to upper and concede a lot much less goals, given that difference of the goals scored is type of now not the rest from the teams which may well be major the league.
“We want to keep going in attack but we want to improve defending, so that’s what we have been working on these two weeks.”