Cold water immersion is full of benefits for your health; from helping with muscle recovery to improving your overall health, it can do wonders for your body. Many top athletes worldwide use cold water immersion therapy to protect their bodies and take their conditioning to the next level.
Even if you’re not an athlete, you can still enjoy the benefits of cold water immersion from the comfort of your own home. There are many cold water immersion tubs available today; however, they can be pricey.
The Cold Plunge is a state-of-the-art cold water immersion tub that is quickly becoming the first choice for many athletes and health experts worldwide. It can be purchased online and is one of the best available options for anyone looking to enjoy the benefits of cold therapy.
If you decide to buy an immersion tub to use at home, it is essential to do all the required research to make sure you make the most out of your purchase and avoid wasting your hard-earned money.
This article takes an in-depth look at how The Cold Plunge works, what makes it so effective, and the costs involved in owning one.
What is The Cold Plunge?
Also known as The Plunge, The Cold Plunge is a cold immersion tub that is easy to use for people of all ages and body types. It is designed to provide the best possible cold water therapy to your body that will help with physical recovery and help increase energy, boost immunity, help with weight loss, and provide countless other benefits.
The manufacturer of The Plunge is based in Sacramento and has a history of producing top-quality products that produce reliable results. The tub uses the latest technology to provide the best cold-water therapy you will ever get; you will not need to add ice to the tub and spend hours preparing before getting to the task. All you have to do is turn The Cold Plunge on, and you will be all set for the best cold-water therapy session of your life.
It is super simple to use and doesn’t require any special instructions to operate; The Plunge is designed in a way that clients with no prior experience can use it with ease. Furthermore, along with your purchase, you get access to guided plunge video content that allows you to experience the benefits of cold water plunging fully.
The manufacturer also backs The Cold Plunge with a 1-year factory warranty, which allows you to use the product without worrying about anything. On top of the factory warranty, you can pay extra to get a three or 5-year protection plan to repair your tub with zero deductible. The tub also comes with a 30-day satisfaction purchase, which allows a full refund if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the tub.
Products Offered by The Cold Plunge
The Cold Plunge cold water immersion tub comes in six different models. You can choose the ones that fit your needs and get started with cold water therapy instantly. Below, we have described each product offered by The Cold Plunge lineup and how it differs from the others.
The most basic version of The Cold Plunge is a cold water immersion tub that provides everything you would expect from a top-tier immersion tub. It allows you to set the temperature of your choice and get the benefits of an ice bath without any hassle involved. You can set the temperature down to 39°F and get to work instantly.
With a length of 67 inches, a width of 31.5 inches, and a height of 24 inches, it comes with an insulated spa cover that protects it from any external dirt or debris and keeps it insulated. You also get a hose filter, which allows you to filter out any impurities in the water. The Plunge also has a cell phone holder to watch the guided plunge videos without having to worry about getting your phone wet.
The Cold Plunge comes at a price of $4,990, which might sound a lot, but it is nothing when you look at all the benefits that the immersion tub offers. It offers every advantage you would expect from a premium cold water tub at a fraction of the price.
The Hot & Cold Plunge
The second model in The Cold Plunge lineup, The Hot & Cold Plunge, is a two-in-one immersion tub that works as a hot tub and a cold water immersion tub. By allowing you to set the temperature up to 103°F, The Hot & Cold Plunge lets you relax and enjoy a hot bath.
It comes in the same size as The Cold Plunge and offers all the features with an added hot water feature. It has a cooling power of 1/4HP and heating power of 1 KW, which only shows its effectiveness and working.
The best part about The Hot & Cold Plunge is that it costs only $500 more than the basic model and gives you the added benefit of a hot tub.
The Cold Plunge Pro
Cold Plunge Pro is the Pro version of The Plunge and is one step ahead of its basic version. It provides added benefits and allows you to get great value for your purchase. The tub offers upgrades in terms of the power it can generate; you can get up to 1HP of cooling capacity with this version.
The Cold Plunge Pro costs $1,000 more than The Cold Plunge and comes with a price tag of $5,990.
The Hot & Cold Plunge Pro
The Hot & Cold Plunge Pro is the next step in The Cold Plunge lineup. The tub has the exact dimensions as its predecessors; however, it offers a heating option that allows you to convert your cold immersion tub into a hot water tub whenever you want.
It is more expensive than The Cold Plunge Pro and is available for a price of $6,490. Nevertheless, its benefits and the features that it comes with make it worth every penny.
The Cold Plunge XL Pro
The Cold Plunge XL Pro offers increased power and is bigger than its lower-tier versions. It is 72 inches long, 27 inches, and 33 inches wide, making it the perfect fit for anyone who finds it hard to fit in The Cold Plunge or The Cold Plunge Pro.
The cooling power of 1 HP cools the water instantly and saves you a lot of time. The Cold Plunge XL Pro also has a tablet stand that allows you to use your tablet or smartphone without any worries quickly.
It is available for $6,990, which makes it another excellent value product.
The Hot & Cold Plunge XL Pro
Like The Cold Plunge XL Pro, The Hot & Cold Plunge XL Pro also comes in a larger size than the basic and pro versions. On top of the larger size, this model also offers an increased heating power; you get 1.5 KW of heating power instead of the standard 1 KW, allowing you to both heat and cool the immersion tub instantly.
The Hot & Cold Plunge Pro is the top-of-the-line model and is also the most expensive. It is available for $7,490, which is reasonable given the increased size and power.
- Original Plunge priced at $4990
- Cold Plunge Pro priced at $5990
- Plunge Pro XL priced at $6990
- Hot and Cold Plunge Pro XL priced at $7490
- Hot and Cold Plunge Pro priced at $6,490
- The Cold Plunge is priced at $4,990
The Cold Plunge Accessories
There are several accessories available and packages on The Cold Plunge website that allow you to get the most out of your product and customize it as per your liking. These accessories and packages include:
- Residential Maintenance Package ($190): Get maintenance for six months; this package includes filters, oxidizers, pH balancers, alkalinity balancers, testing strips, and sanitizers.
- Filters (6-pack) ($36): You get six filters for your immersion tub that can last up to six months.
- Sirona Test Strips ($25): These test strips allow you to test the pH, calcium hardness, and sanitation of your filter.
- Carbon Hose Filter ($28): The Carbon Hose Filter allows you to filter impurities and purify the hose water.
- Sirona Sanitizer ($36): The only chlorine and bromine-free sanitizer on the market; it allows you to keep your plunge sanitized and free from germs.
- Sirona Alkalinity Up ($36): This accessory allows you to keep the pH of your Plunge in check.
- Sirona Oxidizer ($36): Sirona Oxidizer complements the working of the Sirona sanitizer and helps keep the water clean.
- Baqua Spa Surface Cleaner ($36): Another helpful cleaner that can help clean the surface of your Plunge effectively.
You can find these accessories and more on The Cold Plunge website.
How will The Cold Plunge Benefit Its Users?
The benefits of The Plunge are too many to count, from recovery to increasing your energy levels, improving your mental health, and more. The latest research backs a cold water plunge to provide you with the most effective cold water immersion therapy possible.
Below, we have listed just some of the many benefits that you can get from using The Cold Plunge regularly.
Improves Overall Health
The Cold Plunge is the perfect support for your overall health. Along with boosting immunity and increasing blood flow, it also fast tracks your metabolism and can help with weight loss. Furthermore, it also helps alleviate joint and muscle pain without any medicines.
Helps With Recovery
Cold water immersion is directly linked to faster recovery. By reducing inflammation and helping with muscle soreness, The Cold Plunge effectively enables you to recover from a workout and minimizes the risk of injuries.
Increased Energy Levels
According to studies, cold water immersion can boost the synthesis of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter that can help increase energy and cognition. Moreover, it also boosts metabolism, which is directly linked to increased energy levels. The Cold Plunge is also linked to increased energy levels.
Mental Health Benefits
According to research, cold water immersion can improve your mood by increasing the synthesis of hormones. It can also help reduce stress and make you more resilient.
Helps With Sleep
Another underrated benefit of The Cold Plunge is that it significantly helps improve sleep. Improving your nervous system and helping you cope with stress; can help you sleep better than ever before.
What Features does The Cold Plunge Offer?
The Cold Plunge comes with features that are way above its price range. These features make it one of the most exciting and effective cold water immersion products; they are the reason it is becoming the first choice for many athletes and professionals.
The significant features that you get with The Cold Plunge are as follows:
- Insulated Spa Cover: The cover allows you to minimize the amount of external debris and dirt that enters The Plunge.
- Hose Filter: The filter helps remove impurities from the hose water that would otherwise create problems.
- Skimmer Net: The skimmer net allows you to remove debris from the water without getting wet or touching it.
- Cell Phone Holder: You can place your phone on the tub and watch videos or listen to music.
- Guided Plunge Videos: This exclusive access allows you to use your Plunge correctly and reap maximum benefits.
- Underwater Lighting: Underwater lighting makes your Plunge look more incredible than all others and comes in handy if you’re using it when it’s dark.
- 20 Micron Circulation Filtration: A unique filtration system works around the clock to keep the water clean from bacteria, germs, and other impurities.
- Hot Tub: You can buy a Hot & Cold Plunge that allows you to use your immersion tub as a hot tub.
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
Before you buy any product online, it is essential to assess the customer reviews that come with it. The Cold Plunge is backed by hundreds of positive reviews from customers who have used and experienced its work firsthand.
- Marc M., a verified buyer who gave five stars to the product, had this to say about The Cold Plunge:
- “Super easy to set up and get started. It has quickly become a part of my daily wellness schedule. It will soon be an essential recovery tool for anyone who wants to feel better in life or training. Grateful!.”
- Dan W., another customer who rated The Cold Plunge five stars, said this:
- “I have been using it twice a day for 3 minutes each. I love the energy and mind clarity it gives me and helping with muscle recovery.’
These customer reviews only show how good The Cold Plunge is in real life and why it is something worth buying.
Cold water immersion is great for your overall well-being. If you want an effective cold water immersion tub that provides the best features for a reasonable price and is backed by positive reviews, there isn’t anything better than The Cold Plunge. It is a great product that provides you with an added benefit of a hot tub if you pay extra.
Furthermore, the company’s founders, Mike Garrett and Ryan Duey are both experienced professionals and have years of experience using cold immersion therapy. If you want to get the best cold immersion tub available, trust us when we say you won’t find any better.